About the ZOC Terminal Emulator
ZOC is a powerful and well-established
and telnet client,
is known for its configurability and outstanding user interface.
The purpose of the program is to let you access character based hosts using
Secure Shell (SSH/SSH2), ISDN
and most other means of communication. It can be used to connect to Unix/Linux
hosts and shell accounts, BBS's, IBM mainframes (via
TN5250), internet muds or devices
attached to the serial port of your computer.
ZOC features tabbed sessions and extensive functions like a typed command history,
scrollback, multiple window support and others. This makes it the ideal tool for
people needing to access text based shell accounts from a Windows or Mac OS X platform.
With ZOC's support for the Linux (Xterm) emulation, complete with full colors,
meta-keys and local printing, Linux admins will feel as though they are
sitting at their native consoles and if you are working with the Cisco CLI this
is your tool.
ZOC also supports Xterm, vt220 and several types of ansi as well as
and Sun's CDE. ZOC also utilises all main file
transfer protocols, including X-, Y- and Zmodem as well as Kermit
and many others. All of which are offered in a flexible and intuitive interface
that leaves absolutely nothing to be desired.
ZOC is also highly configurable. As well as the standard terminal
features such as keyboard redefinition and scroll back buffer it also offers
some more advanced and unique features including a powerful scripting
language, and automatic triggering of actions based on received or typed
text or a line trace feature.
ZOC Terminal Emulator Documentation
If you'd like to find out more about ZOC's capabilities before
downloading the free trial version,
you can explore ZOC's online documentation. Simply click the icon on the right,
then choose whether to open the help file, or save a copy to your system.
Features of the ZOC Terminal
- Tabbed sessions with overview screen to show thumbnails of all open sessions
- "Colorful tabs" feature to tint user interface elements with different colors
depending on which host is connected
- Full keyboard remapping
- Host directory (with folders and full option set for each entry and automatic login)
- User button bar to map texts, scripts, phone book entries, external
protocols and shell commands to buttons (incl. button assistant)
- F-Macro keys for texts, scripts, phone book entries, external
shell commands, etc.
- Local typing (entry field with history e.g. to type commands)
- Various logging and scroll back functions
- Keyboard mode for bbs door programs (doorway mode)
- Compatible with current Windows 8 and Mac OS Mountain Lion operating systems (more details below)
- Full Xterm emulation with 256 colors and mouse support (e.g. for use with Midnight Commander)
- Linux console-like (including UTF8, colors, full keyboard)
- VT52, VT100, VT102, VT220 (complete implementation incl.
print through, keyboard and ANSI colors)
- TN3270 (models 3278 and 3279/E with line graphics, colors and full keyboard mapping)
- TN5250 for IBM iSeries access
- ANSI-BBS, ANSI-SCO, Avatar
- Wyse 30, 50, 60
- TVI 9xx (TVI 920, TVI 925, TVI 950)
- QNX V4
- All emulations support line graphics with any font
- Modern Secure Shell (based on OpenSSH 5.6) with public/private key authentication and port forwarding (tunneling)
- Telnet (RFC-Telnet, pure TCP sockets, SSL-Telnet)
- IPv6 support for SSH and Telnet
- Modem via serial port and TAPI (Windows modem)
- Direct serial console connections (local serial port or USB/serial adaptors like PL2303 or Keyspan)
- ISDN via CAPI V2.0 (including X.25 and X.31 support)
- File transfer via Ascii, Xmodem, Ymodem, Zmodem, Kermit, SCP, IND$FILE
- Data trace on device level (user dump and binary mode)
- Translation of inbound/outbound characters
- AutoLogin (recorded login procedures from the host directory)
- REXX language for scripting (fully featured programming language with over 75 extensions to control the terminal emulator)
- DDE support allows ZOC to act as a communication server (Windows)
- AppleScript support with access to all internal script commands (Mac OS X)
- AutoMacros (text/functions invoked by typing certain text)
- AutoReplies (text/functions invoked by receiving certain text)
- Version 6.xx runs on Windows 8/Windows 7/Vista/XP/2012/2008/2003/2000/NT4/9x/ME (x86/x64)
- Version 6.xx is also available for Mac OS X (Mountain Lion, Lion, Snow Leopard).
- Older version (v6.30 - v6.40) are still available for PPC and Mac OS X versions before Snow Leopard
- Version 4.xx also available for OS/2
- Version 5.12 or later also run under Linux WINE
- Low use of resources (5 MB disk space, runs well on anything upward from a Pentium II with 128 MB)
- LAN installation (LAN licensing and shared installations)
- Administrator friendly (can be preconfigured and/or functionally restricted)
- Complete online documentation
- Uninstall program